Please find below 6 stories which made less headlines, but should be heard:
- Director banned for making cold calls to sell call blocking devices
We need to report about those cold calling, it is important.
Leah Kimberley Masters, the sole director of Chichester based Cold Call Elimination Ltd (CCEL), has received a six year ban.
CCEL was telephoning people to sell a call-blocking device to stop unsolicited calls.
- The European Supervisory Authorities (ESAs) for securities (ESMA), banking (EBA), and insurance and pensions (EIOPA) have issued a pan-EU warning to consumers regarding the risks of buying Virtual Currencies (VCs).
It is an important warning for clients who wish to enter the VCs world.
- Film producer whose company raised £5 million from investors disqualified
Film producer Michael Lionello Boscardi di Pallavicini di Zoppini Cowan has been disqualified by the court from being a company director for 13 years.
The disqualification order was made against Mr Cowan following an investigation by the Insolvency Service which also commenced the winding up of Warlord Productions Ltd in the public interest.
Despite raising over £5 million from private investors, little if any of the money was used for film production. Therefore, you should “watch” movies differently (“investment wise”), and make a proper due diligence if you decide to investment in those type of offers.
- 15 year disqualification for Australian wheat investment scam boss
A 15 year disqualification order has been made against Renwick Robert Haddow following an investigation by the Insolvency Service.
Agri Firma Capital Ltd offered investment in wheat-producing agricultural land in Western Australia and Lithuania.
The company misled its investors, to believe that a legitimate and valuable lease had been purchased for them for farmland in either Lithuania or Australia. However, there is no evidence that any land was purchased in Lithuania and the land purchase in Australia was never completed.
- Don’t friend a scammer this Valentine’s Day
The ACCC is warning people to be careful about who they ‘friend’ online this Valentine’s Day with stats showing people are most likely to be preyed upon by dating and romance scammers on social media sites.
- McCaskill & Morse Ltd claims management directors disqualified for 28 years
Five directors from a McCaskill & Morse Ltd (McCaskill) claims management firm receive disqualifications.
McCaskill offerred claims management services for people, but miss-sold payment protection insurance and bank charges reclaims. While McCaskill claimed to offer a no-win-no-fee service, they had failed to return upfront fees. Consumers should report, if they don’t get what they paid for.